Re: printer error messages

Patricia wrote:
Harry Binswanger wrote:
I'd greatly appreciate being told of any error in either of them (which follow).
C:\>net use
New connections will be remembered.
Status    Local   Remote          Network
OK      K:    \\KRUMPET\Krumpet C    Microsoft Windows Network
OK      LPT2   \\Lita\Canonip1.2     Microsoft Windows Network
Well, first off, that first entry does NOT look like a printer; it looks
like a shared drive
Huh? The first one is indeed a shared drive. It's the second one, the one
on LPT2 that is the printer. I don't know what other way a printer on a
network could look.
Krumpet (which I assume is your wife's machine? clever name)

It's the name of a pet she had as a child.
net use lpt1 \\mywife'sPC\Canonpr /PERSISTENT:YES
LPT2 has always worked for me in the past. And the Persistent part is
optional, and I'm not bothering with it until I get this working.
PP:4
LPT2  c:\xy\hpdj660c.prn   testing
LPT3  C:\XY\HP4-PLUS.PRN  BROTHER
LPT4  C:\XY\POST47.PRN  Postscript
LPT1  C:\xy\postghst.prn  Ghostprint
If your USB port is mapped to lpt2,
I thought that's what mapping LPT2 to \\...\... accomplished. Is there some
other place I have to do this mapping? If so, that's the missing link here.
each printer driver you're testing must be associated with lpt2 in the PP table. So edit it each time you try a different driver.
I don't follow that. Edit what? And what does trying a different driver
consist of other than changing .PRN files? The Canon's own drivers I never
change (on both machines, they were installed from the CD).

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx