Dosemu-Xy oddity re saving a new file

Patricia had asked if native XPL programs would run normally in Dosemu,
and I had answered, based on what I'd seen so far, yes.

Well, I've found one anomaly.
If (and only if) you have a default setting of bk=1 (which I use and have benefited from, esp when I trash a set of files by running a malformed set of global search-and-replaces), AND if you create a new file (ne newfile.txt, for ex.) and then try to save or store the open file with "sa, sa/nv, st, st/nv," Xywrite will not save it and will complain "Path not found. \DIR\newfile.txt". You have to "sa newfile.txt" the very first time; after that "sa" alone will work.

This won't happen if bk=0; Xywrite will save as expected.
This problem will screw up XPL programs that run with bk=1 set and try to create new files and then save them with naked "sa" or "st" (or sa/nv etc) commands. As a workaround, I just add "BX d bk=0Q2" to the beginning of the program and then reverse it at the end of the program.
Of much less importance, I've also noticed that if you save a file twice
in a row, with no intervening changes to the file, Dosemu-Xy says "Done"
both times, instead of "Done" the first time and "Proceed" the second time.

Paul Lagassé

--
PO Box 144
Kemblesville, PA 19347

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. -- The Borg
Cooperate with the inevitable. -- Dale Carnegie