Re: A BETTER BOOKMARK

You will find in the custom keyboard available for downloading
that I make a "fixed" bookmark (one that is not shifted by
deleting text before it, and does not disappear when you quit) by
assigning an otherwise unused character to F11, a simple command
to search for it to *F11, and the same command to search for it,
followed by one to delete it, in ^F11. If I don't need to keep
it in place after returning to it, ^F11 gets rid of it. This
means it cleans up after itself.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania