switch orientation, and other topics

Patricia, et al,

No matter. Main thing is, you didn't take offence at my rather flippant
remark about lines and circles. I'm a Cisco trainer by profession, in
case 'Cisco' means anything to you. The Cisco operating system is Unix
based, which means 'command line interface', like Xyiii+. No
drag-and-drip, no icons. We techies tend to reduce things to basics;
that's one of the things I like about Xy. I hope you took my comment in
that spirit.

I just bought a Mac PowerBook G4 with Mac OS X Panther. I hope to get
Xyiii+ to run under the simulated DOS window, Randor or whatever it is
called, which was mentioned at the Xy forum a while back (unfortunately
I lost that forum discussion, see below). This replaces my w2k machine
which crashed and burned, absolutely for the last time, about 2 months
ago; I lost 6 months of emails, including all the Xy forum material. I
have seen Cisco routers run continuously for 10 years, without so much
as a reboot much less a crash. My Atari 1040F from 1986 also ran 10
years without a crash. There is simply no excuse for such a bad OS as
Bimbows (plug and pray!); the reason most people put up with it is that
most people don't know anything different.

Further to our previous discussion, Adobe PageMaker has been replaced by
InDesign (which runs on the Mac). So my next project is to see whether
InDesign can import Xy files, with or without hard coding the Xy
counters. I'll send you a progress report.

Regards,
Flash

The Crumple Zone is at:
http://www.flashq.de
(all hand coded HTML, naturally; Frontpage, no thanks)

PS
Just for you Fowler fans out there:
"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will
no longer put." Winston Churchill