Re: Need advice on MS Word (if anyone can stand it)

At 03:00 AM 3/20/99 -0500, Eric Van Tassel wrote:

>My copy of MSW 6.0 has no documentation, and my knowledge of its workings
>is wholly empirical. . . .

I don't remember MSW 6.0, but I don't think MSW 97 has the particular
frustrations that you describe, and a, uh, "copy with no documentation"
would cost very little.

>. . . if I then switch to File Manager and try
>to delete the *.BAK file, I'm told it's illegal to do so

Ah, File Manager, a program I used for about five minutes. Take Command --
at http://www.jpsoft.com/ -- will zap them. Just put this in your
housekeeping batch file for Take Command:

  del /s /z *.bak

(i.e sweep through all directories, deleting *.bak regardless of
"read-only", "system", or "hidden" attributes).

Peter Evans