Re: log9807

BrennerNY@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm trying to find a copy of this file -- a discussion of XyWrite under
> Win98.
> It's been deleted from the archives.
>
> I have just switched from Windows 3.1 to Windows 98, and I find that my
> Xywrite 3.57 Spell and Thesaurus commands no longer work. I was hoping
> log9807 would shed some light on the problem. Has any of you saved a copy?

Welcome to the real world! You will not be sorry you abandoned 3.1, the most
hideous op. sys. ever inflicted on computer users.

How do you get to XyWrite? From a short cut or from the dos prompt? What is in
your path statement? What directory does startup.int put you in? What
directory are the dictionary and the thesaurus placed in? Did you switch to a
new computer or did you install Win98 over 3.1? If the former, did you
re-create a temporary directory?

> Many thanks! Lynn Brenner

We need information, Lynn.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
212-666-1000 x7109 (phone) 212-316-3100 (fax)