Re: XyWin stops working

V G Ghyoot wrote:

> If necessary I will remove all other software on my computers. XyWin is by far the most important program I use. Have considered having a dedicated computer to run XyWrite. Then I'd have a dedicated word processor, just like the first machines in the 70s and 80s.

  Yes, not a bad idea at all, and you don't need much of a computer by
today's standards to do that. Any machine with a 233mhz or better
processor will be plenty fast enough, if you just run dos and xy. My
laptop is only a 500mhz (but with 458meg of ram) and it's plenty fast
enough even running a full linux install and running the latest
Openoffice. OO starts up in just about 15 seconds, once linux is up and
running, and I've never noticed any speed issues with it.
  But just booting dos and xy is superfast -- it takes long for the
machine to go through it's little bios hardware check and start the boot
manager than it does to boot dos and start xy from a batch file.
  If you just need xywin, you probably would be better off with win95
or 98.

--
Harmon Seaver