Re: XyWin stops working

Don't know why it happens.

The only reliable solution I have found is to regularly use the System Restore facility on WinXP.
XyWin often stops working after another program is installed. Sometimes uninstalling the offending
program works and XyWin works again, otherwise I simply use System Restore.

If necessary I will remove all other software on my computers. XyWin is by far the most important
program I use. Have considered having a dedicated computer to run XyWrite. Then I'd have a dedicated
word processor, just like the first machines in the 70s and 80s.

Valmond Ghyoot

≫> "andy turnbull"  08/11/07 16:51 PM ≫>
xy for windows? does it exist? I've been using xyiiia in a dos window in a windows machine. Is xy
for windows a take-off on xy4? Can it work like xyiiia? Is it still available?

I love xyiiia but my old laptops have all died, and the new ones print only through usb. I got a
program that prints dos through usb but don't like the type, so I write in xy and copy into Word --
which is slow but the best I can find. If xy for windows can work like xyiiia, it could be my
salvation.

andy turnbull
andy@xxxxxxxx
(toronto) 416 366 2164