Re: Xy3 printer drivers

Caballero wrote:

> I lack what are
> probably the best .PRN for the task. If anyone has the following two,
> would you be kind enough to send me a copy?
>
> 1. For an HP Deskjet 670c:
>     3DJC-10U.PRN
>
> This may also be included in what xywwweb lists as 3DJ.ZIP. I only have
> 3DJET.PRN, which is okay but the file above should be better and save me
> some time revising the driver.
>
> 2. For an Epson Color-stylus-something 740 (don't recall at the moment):
>     3LQ570.PRN
>
> I really appreciate any help.

Carlo,

Did you ever find these ? They sound to me more like Xy-4 drivers, with an
incorrect designation. If they are in fact 3-series drivers, I'm thinking they
must have come out near the very end of Xy-3, whenever that was. I'm in the
process of transferring what I hope is all of my Xy-file holdings off of
floppies. This includes stuff like all of my multi-year subscription to the
"Appnote" disks, a bit of a misnomer because they encompassed both files like
newer PRN drivers as well as technical documentation. I've gotten up to 1990,
found various 3-series drivers for Epson and for HP, but not the ones you
mentioned. If they are not on the last 3 or 4 of those diskettes (can't answer
that right now, since I have the "wrong" old floppy drive installed), I
probably don't have them. Guess we should have grabbed *everything* off of the
Xy BBS and the TTG website, while they were still up, just for posterity and as
a precaution.

Jordan