Re: which computer - win98se update

John wrote:

Yes and no.
With 98se, my hardware manages usb mice ok, a
palmtop badly and a usb memory key not at all.
(The latter being the only one which is
specifically usb 2.0).
Memory keys definitely require drivers with 98. Mine (Kanguru Micro or
Mini Drive; they changed the name halfway through the product lifecycle
to avoid having to give an advertised rebate!) even works OK with 98
initial release, though if you have an Iomega Zip disk on the same
system, things can get scrambled. I also ran an HP DJ 5650 off a 98
initial release box for a while. And I think that was a VIA
chipset--but, of course, an AMD CPU (not to labor the point).

Patricia M. Godfrey