Re: Xy III & Faulty Memory?--original thread!

In a message dated 10/31/98 09:20:51 AM Eastern Standard Time, t-r@xxxxxxxx
writes:

> I tried to find out who developed
> the keyboard layout. There was no one I could find.

I don't have a particular name, unless it was my project leader, Doug Kramer.
In adopting CUA, we were following the IBM "book," bu I don't recall
specifically referring to it. I do remember that we hated the Ctrl+x, c, and v
for cut, copy, and paste, and wanted to use the keys for something else. So we
stayed with Ctrl+Del, Ctrl+Insert, and Shift+Insert, which were the valid
alternatives at the time. But you should notice that nearly all of the key
assignments are compatible with 90% of the software sold today. And if you
really want to, you can change the keyboard file to be even more compatible
(Ctrl+A is very handy for highlighting a whole doc, for instance).

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx