RE: Puzzling lack of F8

Harry, have you tried loading the original out-of-the-box Xy keyboard
file? (I can send you a copy if you don't have one.)

Judith Davidsen wrote:
You're right, we're working from different kbd files. I just found a little laminated function key reminder card that--I think--came with XY3. One side says F8 is formatted view, the other says F8 is Move.

It came with Xy 4; one side is the Xy4 CUA (common user something
beginning with A; application interface?), the other is the old Xy 3:
the formatted view one is CUA. By the by, at one time I had a file for
re-creating this template, though I had to use WordPerfect to get the
color print (hmm, wonder if TYP would let me do it natively in Xy?)
Anyway, if anyone would like it I could rummage around in my 550 backup
CDs and see if I can find it.

Judith also said:

≪As long as we're on the subject, I can't get graphic view anymore. The
status line returns "No screen fonts. Cannot go into graphics view." The
keyboard file for shift+F8 says 66=XH,WZ. Any help?≫
Sound as if one of two things is off: 1) your SETTINGS.DFL is not correctly pointing to the location of your screenfonts. Mine reads like this:

; Location of outline screen fonts
DF OL=D:\XYW4DOS\BTFONTS\
; Location of SCRFONTS.BIN
DF XY=D:\XYW4DOS\BTFONTS\
See where your BTFONTS directory is and make sure it's accurately referenced in SETTINGS.dfl.
2) You don't have a printer driver loaded. But I think not, because IIRC
the error message then is something like "No printer file loaded."

Patricia M. Godfrey