Re: Finding W2K was Re: La Machine Est Morte, Vive La Machine!

Hi Bill,

How recent was your version of VBox, where this was still the case ?  The one I downloaded the other day was v. 4.3.14-95030.  (I guess I could locate the changelog.)  The version of VMWare player I downloaded -- in early May -- was v. 6.0.2, which may not be the most recent.  I'm getting closer to trying out one or the other of these, but if your observation still holds that might tip the balance back in favor of VMWare.  Of course, if I went for 32-bit Win 7 as the Guest, this could all be moot.  But I doubt I have enough hard drive space right now to accommodate that.  Might have to upgrade / replace the other hard drive first, and there could be some other reasons for doing that anyway.

   Jordan

From: Bill Troop
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:57 PM
Subject: Re: Finding W2K was Re: La Machine Est Morte, Vive La Machine!

Just so long as you're clear, Jordan, that, using Win2K as the guest, VBox will not (in its current version) allow XyWrite to display directories of your host drive, but VMware will. That is the main reason to prefer VMware at this time. There is no reason why this should not be fixed in the future, but it is possible that no bug report has been filed.