Re: NB filter question

Richard A. Sherer:
>Unfortunately, "autodetect" does _not_ recognize RTF files. You can open an
>RTF file using the "Nota Bene for Windows" option and eliminate the
>unwanted coding using the CI or CV commands.

Oh, the brute force approach? Well, that I can do with any text editor;
even with the 3 k "TED.COM" that DOS Magazine once published as a kind of
practical joke.
But where does that leave the formatting? The meaning of RTF is, to remind
you, to carry formatting across formats.

>Alternatively, if you open the
>RTF file with Wordpad, which is a standard Windows accessory, you can save
>it in Word 6.0 and Nota Bene will be able to open it with all the
>formatting intact. This might be the preferable option.

Of course. I can also open in MSWord first, or use "Word for Word" or any
number of detours. However, this is not something I want to explain to
people I might be recommending the software to, and asking for an RTF
filter seems hardly unreasonable.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo