XYWIN PREFERENCES

XY-> Jack Shafer:

XY-> I've installed XyWin 4.12 and all of the preferences I've created from the
 -> ADVANCE/PREFERENCES I've created have remained permanent except one: my
 -> setting that puts the status line on the command line at the bottom of the
 -> screen. Even though I've checked the box to make it permanent, it won't sti
 -> and I need to reset it everytime I load XyWin.

XY-> Anybody else had this problem? Anybody know a quick fix?

Interesting. Mine stays on the bottom (if we both have the same
idea). I wonder how many variants of 4.12 there are. The date and
size of my xwdlg.dlg file are 1/31/95 and 799,400. How about
yours?

You can also check your xwset.dfl file. Under the default (or
DF) UI are the positioning defaults. Put the status line in
different positions, and then re-open the file each time to check
to see which (if any numbers) change.

Good luck!
--Chet

P.S. Have you tried using the user character set?
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx