Re: PostGhost PRN Files (and how to alter point size in Xy3+)

Robert Holmgren wrote:
** Reply to message from "M.C."  on Wed, 09 Feb 2005 22:00:37
+0100
I have built Width Tables in the past for the following Postscript Type 1 fonts...
They are available, if anybody is interested.

But you know, you can't just plug in a third party WiDth table, because there
is a very complex interaction with the SUB table, which determines what PS
character is printed when you hit a certain key. PRNs are very complex!
Of course, the use of those width tables is linked to other changes in
the PRN file to make the fonts available (and I am referring to the use
of Postscript fonts in standard PRN files for Postscript printers, not
to the PostGhost one, to avoid any possible misunderstanding due to the
subject of this thread). It's also necessary to download those fonts to
the printer before attempting to use them and I can't say now how
complete the support for the 850 codepage was in the SUB table... It was
a long time ago when I worked in that area but the heavier task (as far
as I remember) was to test and to adjust the width tables. I used an
utility to obtain them but the values returned by the utility (maybe
downloaded from XyWWWeb or the TTG site) needed many corrections.
Anyhow, your universal solution to printing problems via Ghostscript is
more straightforward.
Manuel Castelao