RE: Can anyone help me?

>How quickly we forget. ALT CTRL SHIFT C is a terrific feature
>of Xy4, but if you're in Xy3 you're outta luck with that one.

Gripe #1: It would save a lot of trouble, misunderstanding and confusion
if the Subject line of each query included the VERSION number of
XyWrite to which it refers. The convention in the Nota Bene mailing
list (which I urge everyone here to adopt) is to put the version number
right up front. So, for instance, the subject of this thread might
read:

RE: XyIII+: Can anyone help me?

Or, more helpfully,

RE: v3.55: Problem with CHange command in XPL

Of course, include additional info. where relevant:

RE: v4.018 under Linux: Why I deleted Windows and never looked back

You get the idea. Please! Big dividends here in return for very little
effort.

Gripe #2: It is singularly unhelpful (and can be positively misleading)
to refer to features by keystroke ("Ctrl-Alt-Shift-C"). At the very
least such references should go on to identify the associated keyboard
file ("Ctrl-Alt-Shift-C on the factory-issue XY4.KBD"). Better still
would be to cite the specifics of the underlying assignment. For
example, Ctrl-Alt-Shift-C on the factory-issue XY4.KBD calls a .DLG
routine called CopytoCM -- useful to know if you'd like the test the
function but don't happen to have either XY4.KBD or XY4.DLG loaded.
On a list where a good half of the discussion relates to customization,
I would have thought this obvious.

>Robert wrote some nice routines for
>getting code back and forth from text to command line in Xy3
>(see ®MDIT¯http://...®MDNM¯;

the correct URL is users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/

>for the file ctrlchar.txt, and use routines [b] and[c]).

 ... And don't get me started on HTML mail!

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/