Re: Getting a new printer.. suggestions?

You might extend your look to the Lexmark line as well. I've not checked
them out recently, but a few years ago they had a good reasonably priced
color inkjet that had PostScript emulation built in. Using XY DOS 4 with a
PostScript printer file is one way around the "Windows Printer" problem.

HP now includes cloned PostScript in its business-class laser printers
(e.g., the Laserjet 4100) but so far as I know not in the sub-$1000
inkjets. ("Cloned" = not genuine Adobe PS, but just as good so far as I
can tell.)

Tom Hawley
New York
tjh@xxxxxxxx