Re: changing the drive on which xy is located

Fraid so. Both U2 routines worked OK on my laptop (Acer, running Vista, and one of the best systems I ever owned), on which I had carefully set up Xy. But the machine was too large and heavy for what I needed (travel and taking notes at the library), so when much cheaper and lighter Netbooks came out, I got one and. gave the laptop to my niece. I had run Xy (and dBase 5 for DOS) off an SD card, treating it as a mini hard drive, on the laptop, and thought I could just swap the SD card. But the Netbook runs XP, which antedates SD cards, and would get terminally confused, protesting that it was running out of memory and had to write to the drive. So I moved Xy and dBase to c:\DOSApps. But by that time I had been doing little but e-mail and accounting for a year  and a half, and forgot about U2Utils. TYP and Xy2pdf would create a .file, but I had to call it in GSView and convert to pdf. No big deal, but I knew Robert's code had worked before and I must be doing something wrong. I finally figured it out.

Patricia