Re: Basic TY - solved

Hi everyone, the search Robert suggested revealed a solution that
worked. The recent message "Re: XY Printing under XP or Vista" from
Patricia quoting Robert -- just share the printer, then do the 'net
use' thingummy. I suppose I may have done this before? It is clear I
lied about never having had this problem before, as the search
revealed that I had posed a similar question in 2003, though it
didn't record the answer. And to think I once really used to know how
to use XyWrite! But I find, again and again, that everything else
just gets in the way, even though I seldom now use XyWrite for
printing. May I ask if this LPT redirection using the NET command is
always necessary when running XyWrite IV or other DOS programs under XP?
For those with Macs interested in having the control key where it
belongs (i.e. where the capslock key is), I have discovered that the
OS X command which remaps the key isn't perfect, as it still has an
on/off state, apparently. I have yet really to try to get XyWrite
running under Mac OS -- though I really would like to do it one of
these days. I tried some sort of shareware DOS emulator but couldn't
get the fonts or window size adjusted.