Re: xy reading

On 2 Feb 01, at 16:54, Richard Giering wrote:

> I suggest you use the "printer" file caled strip.prn and typef  file>, on the command line. The new file would be a stripped
> version of the current file withour any of the xywrite commands. Any word
> processor can then load it as a "plain text file" Dick Giering

I use MAIL.PRN for typing e-mail messages.

I used to write the original XyWrite file as a .TXT file, and typef to a .DOC
file, which was the usual name for software docs with CR/LFs at the end of
every line, until Windows insisted on opening such files in MsWord or WordPad
and Notepad can't "see" them. So I now write them as .XY files and typef them
as .TXT

I put

PL 250, RM 64

at the top of the file.

Formatting and numbering comes out fine.

Keep well,

Steve Hayes
E-mail: shayes@xxxxxxxx
  Web: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/steve.htm