Re: xy reading

On 1 Feb 01, at 11:02, RJW823@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Therefore the question: To learn from the experience and avoid something
> like this in the future, what should I have done to make the editors' job
> manageable? I suppose I could have cleaned up the whole thing in 'Word
> and re-sent the result, but I'm not very familiar with Word, recoil at its
> smiley help cartoon, and also recoiled at the time at the prospect of all
> that extra drudge work on my part for an article written gratis.

One possibility is to send it in DCA/RFT format. There is an X2D converter
available with XyWrite.

Most word processors are able to import it.

Note that is RFT (Revisable Form Text), not RTF (Rich Text Format).

It preserves the main formatting features - Roman, Bold, Italic, but doesn't
try to pass on font information, which the publication's typesetters will
usually want to do for themselves anyway, for the sake of uniformity.

Keep well,

Steve Hayes
E-mail: shayes@xxxxxxxx
  Web: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/steve.htm