Re: transpose in U2

Reply to note from "J. R. Fox"  Thu, 15 Nov 2001
17:11:39 -0800

> A quick run-through with this frame suggests that it gets
> confounded (i.e., unintended results, on several of the
> transpositions) if the text in question has CR/LF at the end of
> each line. My test file was an email letter, necessarily so
> formatted.

Yes, well, TRANSPOSE depends on func XN, which wasn't designed for
CrLf-delimited text. It could, of course, be retooled. On the
other hand, for words, SWAPWORD works nicely in any context. The
User Variables even let you jigger the definition of a "word" --
though the defaults work nicely here.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx