Way off list for wordsmiths

Friends

I just had a discussion with the person (Stephen) who I believe is my  second cousin.  Stephen's Grandmother was my Grandmother's sister.  Stephen's mother and my mother were first cousins.   Am I right that Stephen is my second cousin.  Are my children Stephen's second cousins once removed.  Is my granddaugher Stephen's cousin twice removed or what.

On a similar topic.  Is my wife's brother's wife my sister in law or is there another classification for that relationship.

In Yiddish there are very good words to describe my relationship to my daughter's in laws.  Her father in law is my M'chutan, her mother in law is my M'chatenestah, and my daughter's in laws are collectively my M'chutanim  (I have tried to spell these words phonetically. I hope I am right) Are there any equivalent English words.

I look forward to your erudite answers.

mailto:avromf@xxxxxxxx or mailto:af413@xxxxxxxx