Re: Emacs?

Reply to note from Russell Urquhart  Tue,
12 Nov 2013 18:34:39 -0600

> Not to start a war, but, while i've used emaces, i would
> suggest also to all Xywrite users to check out vim and gvim.

By all means start a war -- one that I can watch from the sidelines
and learn from.

> ... it shares a lot of the things i liked about xywrite, and is
> also infinitely customizable, and VERY keyboard centric.

Keyboard-centric is fine. Of course, I don't mind typing commands as
well, and I like the fact that Emacs has an integrated programming
languathe. But ... (Googling) ... I see that vim has a language,
too, and includes support for others, including Python, which I've
recently invested a bit of time in learning. It would have to be
Python 3, though, for me to be interested.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx