XyWrite DOS (vers. 4.017) and Novel DOS 7

The Technology Group itself, as I know from the days when they didn't
charge you to have someone read the manual over the phone, uses Novel DOS
7, but I keep having conflicts between XyWrite and the NDOS memory
manager. Whenever I have more than a few files up (I have 16 Mb of ECC
RAM) I get application errors when trying to do tables or other complex
routines, and sometimes the whole system crashes with the dreaded "The
memory manager has detected an invalid opcode, and the system probably in
an unstable condition..." (or something like that, I cannot remember the
exact code). I thought the problem was my ancient VGA card and its
equally ancient driver, but I recently upgraded to a Trident card with 1
Mb of video RAM, and it still keeps happening. What kind of memory does
XyWrite like? Should I have DPMI turned on or off? What about DPMS? Or
should I "exclude" certain areas of memory?

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]