HELLLLP!

Suddenly my XYWrite 4.11 running on Canon Notejet III under Windows opens
with the message "Logon is not recognized." I've never seen this message
before and don't know what it means. I've never seen a reference to logon
and don't know what they are talking about.

Hitting ENTER a couple of times takes me to the main working screen, but
as soon as I try to call up a directory or file I get another box saying
"PLEASE LOG ON" and the system won't respond with anything else. It does
accept a QUIT command. Shutting the whole laptop down and re-opening had
no effect.

Can anyone explain in idiot-proof terms what's happening and what I should
do about it?

[I HAVE looked up logging-on in the manual, but since I've never used a
logon name or password, I can't see that it applies. Is there any way
something could have been turned on inadvertantly? Sometimes my
cursor/pointer is hard to see and might might have rested on a wrong
button.]

Appreciate rescue. Badly need XYWrite on a deadline...

		Tnx, Ted Stannard

Prof. & Mrs.R.E.Stannard Jr. stannard@xxxxxxxx & femmystannard@xxxxxxxx
Postal: Director, Cambodia Journalism Workshop, Japan Relief For Cambodia
c/o POBox 27, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. ph:(855-18)880-880 fx:(855-23) 42-6573