Re: Problem with graphics view...?

M.W. Poirier wrote:
 Patricia: It is hard for me to tell whether you are
 directing the questions below to me or to Robert, but
 I'll assume that it is to me. Please read the inter-
 polated comments. Thank you. MWP
Sorry, I was trying to kill two birds with one stone, as the saying is.
 I don't have the jurky cursor on my desktop, and to tell the
 truth, I never thought I had it on my new laptop until it began being
 discussed here. I then noticed a tiny, and I mean really tiny,
 delay. I am not even sure that what I am seeing is what some
 of you are "complaining" (sorry for the use of this word) about.
Very, very interesting. I think what you're seeing on
the Thinkpad is indeed what has been discussed: some
find it very annoying, some notice it, but can live
with it. But none at all on the desktop is indeed a
first (as far as I can tell)

 My desktop was specially build for me. So it's a no-name,
Unfortunately for my theories (and a chance to gloat
over the merits of white box boxes) so is mine, and as
I reported a week or so ago, there is a small degree of
jerkiness when running Xy in a window under XP. I need
to check a bit more on the office machine, and refresh
my memory, but I think it happens there too.
So, sometime when you're not under a deadline (as I
assume you are now), could you possibly dig up the docs
or the invoice and tell us what motherboard brand and
model it is? I can get the chipset from the
manufacturer's Website with that info. Also the make
and model of the VGA adapter and the amount of RAM on
it. If there really is a brand that can run Xy under
XP, in a window, without that jerky cursor, I think
people would like to know.
 it has one problem. My cursor slows done and freezes when
 I am connected to the net or to my e-mail account, which I manage
 with Pine.  I don't think that it is my machine that is the problem.
I haven't a clue what could cause this, but given that
you're using Pine and connecting to a Vax, I'd be
inclined to blame Windows, just on principle. Big
Brother Bill does NOT like us to use anything he cannot
control.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx