complaints and suggestions

I just called this morning in order to find out a) if you are
still in business and b) if you have made any updates in the
editor since there are still obvious bugs. The answer to both
was yes.

Why is it necessary for me to worry about your existence? Why do
you never get in touch with me, a customer who has been loyal to
this product since before you ever purchased it.

I will give you some very honest feedback and then a suggestion.

I am a loyal customer of Xywrite primarily because of the
goodwill that your predecessor cultivated. I was always aware of
what new updates were being made, shipping times were truthful,
and I didn't have to worry whether my support had just
evaporated. That goodwill has been nearly depleted since you
took over. You know me as the person who invested hundreds of
dollars years ago when you took over to buy Ibid and Orbis upon
a promise of shipping, only to learn through a difficult 17
months that the products were still being developed and that my
money was, in fact, part of your development capital (i.e.,
fraud in your state). You never did contact me about delays; I
contacted you. Since these products have shipped, there have
been numerous problems with the editor crashing. I call you, you
never call me to tell me that these problems have been fixed,
that there is a new editor, etc.

Is this really worth it? Do you really thing that the savings you
make on avoiding contact with your customers is worth their
aggravation, concern, worry, and loss of faith? To think of this
purely as a business relationship (and why not), you are failing
your obligations. What happens when your customers just run out
on you? When the good faith of your predecessor just is no
longer enough? Why continue this pathway?

If money is a problem then let me suggest that you contact us
through the internet (which many of us use regularly) to let us
know about updates, etc. It is free, simple, and effective. I
don't want gimmicks, pictures, a fancy newsletter. Just some
honest information.

Jon Goldberg-Hiller