Tilde

I want to be able to print a tilde (e.g., a net address, which will go into
my physical, paper, address book). I seem to remember there is a way to get
a real tilde in Xy3 (i.e., not a soft hyphen), but can't remember how to
get it nor can I find it in the big, excellent Xy3 manual. They talk of S6,
but I can't figure how to use it.

I have tried putting S6 on the command line, as one would, say, md nm , but
I get the msg ILLEGAL COMMAND. Nor can I use S6 as a command within an XPL
program.

Can someone set me straight? Thanks in advance.

Phil Smith