Re: Large draft screen fonts

On Thu, 13 Feb 1997 10:11:05 -0500, Doug Beeson wrote:

>I found the large DOS fonts last March in a package called "woafon14.zip".
>It should still be available on the net somewhere. In case it isn't I'll try
>to attach it here as a MIME-encoded file

Thanks Doug,

This was just what I was looking for. Unfortunately, I did not
have much succes with it. I installed the lfl9x16.fon into
WIN-OS2 (Control Panel - Fonts) and then substituted lfl9x16.fon
for the 8514.fon file in the fixedfon.fon line of system.ini, as
per instructions. I then started XyWin, but the draft font was
the same as before. What puzzles me is that my office machine
has quite a nice draft font using the 8514.fon files. At home
(different monitor, different video card), the 8514.fon is
extremely difficult to read. I had hoped woafon14.zip would do
the trick. Apparently not. I guess I'm stuck with the default,
unless someone has any bright ideas. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
John Gordon

Dr J.L. Gordon
Department of Anthropology