Re: Tame con't

Well, nothing is improved for me using the new TAME info and settings.
1. I get no dialogue box when I right click on the title bar of a running instance of TAME and choose COLOR CHANGE. (I have a general problem with colors in DOS--I can't get, for instance, black on bright white. I think I've changed something in the general default for DOS, and I don't know where. Xy under TAME comes up grey and green--but this can be fixed by different MD settings in SETTINGS.DFL.)
2. The ctrl-J doesn't work regardless of the settings of delays in
Xywrite.app.tam. I can change the speed at which characters are output, but
not get it do realize that the ctrl key is still being held down.
3. Renaming the desktop's shortcut from Xy-Tame to Xy-Tame.notame did not
allow me to launch regular Xy. I had to REM out the relevant line in
AUTOEXEC.NT (no big deal).
So the only *real* problem is #2: the failure of XY-TAME to realize that
the ctrl key is being continuously held down: the first ctrl-j works
correctly, but holding down ctrl-j produces one cursor-left followed by a
bunch of j's.

Regards,
Harry

Harry Binswanger