Tame con't

At 10:42 AM 4/11/2006, Harry Binswanger wrote:
1. I get no dialogue box when I right click on the title bar of a running instance of TAME and choose COLOR CHANGE. (I have a general problem with colors in DOS--I can't get, for instance, black on bright white. I think I've changed something in the general default for DOS, and I don't know where. Xy under TAME comes up grey and green--but this can be fixed by different MD settings in SETTINGS.DFL.)

Supposed to be *left click* on the icon to the extreme left in the title bar.
2. The ctrl-J doesn't work regardless of the settings of delays in Xywrite.app.tam. I can change the speed at which characters are output, but not get it do realize that the ctrl key is still being held down.

What's your key assignment for ctrl-j. I'll try it.
3. Renaming the desktop's shortcut from Xy-Tame to Xy-Tame.notame did not allow me to launch regular Xy. I had to REM out the relevant line in AUTOEXEC.NT (no big deal).
This is my simpleton routine but it works. 1. REM out
C:\PROGRA~1\Tame\tame-nt.com in Autoexec.nt. 2. Create a .pif for
editor.exe. Write a .bat -- XY.bat. [C:\PROGRA~1\Tame\tame-nt.com
[CR] C:\XY\EDITOR.EXE /e4000. 3. .Pif-->propreties->program tab. In
_cmd line:_ write [D]:\Xy\Xy.bat. So TAME starts now only when you
invoke the .pif. Also, try those drop-down dialog/box menus in the
console, now. You may experience different behavior. (Left click
left-most icon in title bar.)
So the only *real* problem is #2: the failure of XY-TAME to realize that the ctrl key is being continuously held down: the first ctrl-j works correctly, but holding down ctrl-j produces one cursor-left followed by a bunch of j's.
Time for you to drop david@xxxxxxxx a note describing the
behavior of that key and asking if he has a discreet fix for the
moment. Meanwhile, let's see what happens when I test your key
assignment on my XY\TAME setup.

michael.norman@xxxxxxxx