Entering

To enter an  keystroke in Xy4 XPL:
    scroll lock on; Ctl+; scroll lock off.

Incidentally, to put  on the command line I just use Ctl+ --
now I realize that Alt+Shft+ does the same thing. Did I rewrite my
.kbd file so long ago that I've just forgotten about it, or are there two
ways to do this?

When I want to just use Ctl+K ... Ctl+K to create a temporary macro, then
to be re-executed by Ctl+F9, I often find that if I include  in the
macro it doesn't execute but just inserts an ASCII 1 smiley-face into the
file instead. Is there a dodge for this?

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel