Re: Tweakui

On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, Irene Silverman wrote:

> Nathan Sivin writes:
>
>> If you download POWERTOYS, one of the most
>> fundamental tools of Windows management from the Microsoft site (it
>> is 209K zipped), you will find in it TWEAKUI, which let you easily
>> do all sorts of wonderful things that Windows should have built
>> in.............
>
> My fear and loathing of TWEAKUI is great. It played havoc with my
> settings, caused my desktop icons to explode and turned my mouse into
> a slippery thing with a will of its own. I'm sure it works for lots
> of people, but Be Warned.

There have been different versions of TWEAKUI, and at least one of the
W98 versions was dangerously flawed. Try this one; it should be better:

  TweakUI v1.33 for Windows 9x/NT4/2000/ME and MS IE 4/5 [final
  official release, fixed most bugs]. Direct download [110 KB]:
	http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/guide/tweakui.exe

	Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
School of Library & Information Science
Indiana University
day@xxxxxxxx
*****

	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."