Re: Unwanted NumLock (was Re: INstall)

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Jane Van Tassel wrote:

> On 5 Oct. 2000 Leslie Bialler wrote (in part)
>
> Maybe; but my new Dell PC defaults to NumLock when you boot it up, and it
> did so straight out of the box, long before I'd installed any version of Xy
> (or NotaBene). My brother, who is my computer guru, says it's a BIOS issue,
> and he advises me (implicitly agreeing with an earlier recommendation from
> Leslie) to ask Dell how to alter it.

Go into your CMOS on startup (probably hit F2 when you see the message
on screen *before* Windows starts to load); NumLock on or off is one of
the options you can select there.

  Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
School of Library & Information Science
Indiana University
day@xxxxxxxx
*****

	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."