Re: PIF files for XP

Fred Weiner wrote:

  You may sense how I've flailed around, and failed: still have a
  window filling part of the screen with XyWrite compressed into its
  top half, when I use "maximize" and "window" in the PIF; when I use
  "full-screen" the same size thing shows up in the center of the
  screen surrounded by black.
I have no experience of Mac or VMWare, but this kind of thing
_can_ happen in plain XP. Do you have access to an XP box? Can
you try running Xy--in the _exact same_ configuration--on that
box? If you have any screen issues there, it will be strong
evidence that something in the Xy setup or the pif (or lnk) needs
fixing. If not, we know it's a Mac-VMWare problem and can
concentrate on that.
If you don't have an XP box, zip up your Xy configuration, with
all files referenced by it, and send it to me off list, and I'll
see how it displays on XP. Include the .pif, and tell me what
resolution your screen is set to, and if it is a CRT or an LCD.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx