Re: Brother laser (semi-O.T. ?)

At 07:43 PM 3/20/2009, you wrote:

--- On Wed, 3/18/09, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote: > Abby FineReader > is good, but very dear. I was lucky enough to get a copy > cheap when they were getting ready to release a new version.
You can get ABBYY FineReader for $179 upgrading from ANY other OCR Product. http://www.abbyyusa.com/shop/. It's the best, easiest to use. I also still have OmniPage 15. A bit dated but very serviceable. The choice of tools depends on what you're doing, and what kind of hardware you're using as well. Not all flatbed scanners are equal. (I don't use the smaller ones so I can't comment on them.) Michael Norman