XyWrite & Warp

Robert: Thank you for your (as always) useful report. For my C: (HPFS) 128MB
partition, I've been using the defragger that comes with the Gamma Utilities.
One weekend, it took 24 hours to unfrag everything. But if you're willing to
settle for 3 extents, it will do the job in a matter of minutes. Since the
first untangle, it's been a lot faster. I recently ugraded from a 3-year-old
machine to a Dell XMT 590. Then I transferred the 1.05MB Micropolis SCSI drive
and 16MB of memory to the new unit. Once I determined that Norton would
reliably backup a FAT drive on this speed demon, I repartitioned D: to create
E: (HPFS-32MB). The only file that resides there is swapper.dat. It never
fragments and it has speeded things up even more. Still hoping to see an OS/2
version of XyWrite. I have been a beta site for Windows 95 and (now released
for the NDA) I can say I'm very disappointed. But the only folks who would be
are those who have mastered OS/2 since Windows 95 is a major upgrade from
Windows 3.1. Try an OS/2 add-on called filebar. It's a very neat piece of
programming that saves me lots of time.