Re: XyWrite & Warp

24 hours to unFrag everything in a 128Meg partition?! That's absolutely
outRAGEous. OPTune (which is FAT12 or FAT eight_dot_three or whatever) takes
about 10 minutes max on a really messed-up 300Meg HD, and more typically about
3 minutes. Doubtless you're aware that HPFS is supposedly relatively resistant
to fragmentation? There's also a persistent rumor that OS/2 deliberately
places the headers of certain files next to each other for reasons of speed,
and that defragging screws that up; but my own experience is that, on balance,
defragging helps *dramatically*.

 I intend to go with whichever OS works best. For now, I like OS/2 --
enormously. Rock solid, and such an efficient way to work! Me oh my. Whereas
I've never used a MicroSoft product that I liked. And they have a
*particularly bad* track record with operating systems. DOS
stinks/stank/stunk, the first OS/2s (v1.0-1.1, which MS wrote) stunk, Windows
3.x stinks something awful; so what's to be optimistic about? Furthermore, why
this philosophical tilt to GUIs? So many apps just work better/more
efficiently in text mode. Alas, the marketplace, like the electorate, is
stupid and superficial; so Win95 may win the OS wars anyway. My sense is that
it won't be on the merits. Why are you "very disappointed" with Win95?

 I've seen a shareware ZIP called "Filebar" (FB188.ZIP appears to be the most
recent). Do you use it as a shell replacement (for the WPS WorkPlace Shell),
or concurrent with WPS and Presentation Manager? What does it do? Not . . . a
Filebar up top, is it?