Re: Keyboard ps/2 converter or new computer?

Lisa Kleinholz wrote:
I can't figure out how to get a converter from PS/2 plug on the new keyboard to work with larger,
round keyboard port on my old Gateway.
There are such gizmos, though I don't know what they're called. Try looking/asking for 5-pin DIN to 6-pin MiniDin adaptor; the 5-pin is male, to go into the 5-pin female socket on the PC, the 6-pin female, for the male plug on the keyboard. (Check this; I'm sure they're standard, but it never hurts to be sure.) I may have a spare over at the office (I have 3 PCs with those old 5-pin DIN connectors). ComputerGate or Weirdstuff might have them. Or there used to be a store called Crazy Bob's. I wonder if he's still around? Anyway, if you cannot track it down, let me know, and I'll see if I can find my spare.

Patricia M. Godfrey