"Stack" errors

Robert H. was illuminating about the source of stack errors and
the problems in tracking down their sources. I would appreciate
it if anyone who encounters stack errors with the ENHANCEments
would e-mail me (here in the forum or at TBaehr@xxxxxxxx) with
details about where or when it happens (if you can determine).
Even tho it may be ultimately a bug in the executable,
I'd like to take a crack at cobbling up a work-around for the
Enhanced stuff.
 (For the record, I use ENHANCE every day (natch) and have had no problems.
 At home I use an AMD 486/66 with 8 meg of memory; at work, it's an Intel
486/66 with 16 meg. In both cases I run Xy4 out of a DOS box under Win3.1.
 At work, Notes is running in the background; at home I usually
don't task-switch -- when I do, it's with a dictionary or encyclopedia or with
AOL.)

Future developments for ENHANCE include disk-spanning for ZIP and
making some of the other new stuff work more efficiently (the ZIP
stuff needs to clean up its temp files better, for instance).
Maybe, just maybe, I'll get a chance to rework the file manager
(but I admit that a dir listing and the command line work just
fine for me most of the time).

Thanks -- and happy holidays!

Tim Baehr
TBaehr@xxxxxxxx