Re: XYWin on Win 98

Robert wrote:
The Avant Stellar *is* the Northgate 102 (they bought the molds), except that
these newer keyboards are much more programmable.
I have an Avant Stellar. It's quite good as a keyboard, but there was
something lacking in the programmability--I can't quite remember, but it
might have been that the programming doesn't repeat when you hold it down,
and I use the programming to get customized cursor control movement (I
don't want to have to reach for the arrow keys, for example), and for that
you need to be able to hold it down to get repeats. Alternatively, maybe it
was that it outputs only when you release the programmed key, which is also
bad for cursor control.

I keep it for a last resort. And the touch is very good.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx