Re: Win 2k vs Win 98 as guest OS on VMWare

Hello Lynn,

The thing is that you cannot readily connect the guest (W2K) to the host
(Win 7 or Win 8) with anything less than W2K as the guest using
VirtualBox or VMware. The only feasible alternative would be use
VirtualPC 2007 (and DOS+Win 3.1), which means that you have to uninstall
XP mode in 7 and/or use special installation procedures (an updated
VMM.SYS and some filename hanky-panky) to get VPC 2007 installed in 8.

The easiest way for most users is using W2K as the guest. If you, or
someone else, are interested in trying VirtualPC 2007 (and DOS+Win 3.1)
and a Win95 lookalike shell on top of it, contact me off-list at:
lexitec@xxxxxxxx

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)