Re: connectix

Concurrently running OSes sound just great, but any prospective user should
carefully examine issues like hardware access (printing, sound, etc in the
guest OS), and also have lots and lots of RAM to run all this stuff. Even in
the best of environments -- say a 2Ghz CPU, 512Mb RAM, and plenty of disk space
-- speed will still be noticeably reduced. And even then, protection schemes
for certain software may not allow it to be run within the guest space -- the
OED v3 is one such program. If I were contemplating this (and I do, down the
line, because I'm tired of dual booting), I'd spend a _lot_ of time reading
user comment on DejaNews before making specific decisions.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx