RE: Associating file extensions w. XyWIN

Allan,

The changes you want can be made permanently in WIN.INI. There are lines there
already of the sort:

[Extensions] cal=C:\WINDOWS\calendar.exe ^.cal crd=C:\WINDOWS\cardfile.exe
^.crd trm=C:\WINDOWS\terminal.exe ^.trm txt=C:\WINDOWS\notepad.exe ^.txt
ini=C:\WINDOWS\notepad.exe ^.ini pcx=C:\WINDOWS\pbrush.exe ^.pcx
bmp=C:\WINDOWS\pbrush.exe ^.bmp wri=C:\WINDOWS\write.exe ^.wri
rec=C:\WINDOWS\recorder.exe ^.rec hlp=C:\WINDOWS\winhelp.exe ^.hlp

And others get added when you install other programs, such as:

doc=C:\WINWORD\winword.exe ^.doc dot=C:\WINWORD\winword.exe ^.dot
rtf=C:\WINWORD\winword.exe ^.rtf

Have you tried using this format in WIN.INI to associate the let extension with
xywin? i.e.

let=C:\XYWIN\xy.exe ^.let

Dorothy Day, Indiana University
Bitnet: DAY@IUBACS