RE: Xy4 Setup

Reply to note from "R Tennenbaum"  Wed,
13 Jan 99 11:21:49 -0500

-> For me the ONLY real drawback [of Xy4] -- and it's really
-> awfully trivial -- is the silly EOF mark, which as we all know
-> is the earmark of the odious Blue Satan itself.

Is that to suggest that the EOF was introduced with Signature? If
so -- not so. XyWrite always added the EOF upon writing a file to
disk. What Signature and Xy4 did was to provide a way to read past
the EOF marker (by setting default 1A=1 before CAlling the file).

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/