RE: quick question

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Ambos, Paul wrote:

> Function call DB moves the cursor to the beginning of a defined block;
> DE moves it to the end (at least in XY4 and XYWin). Program your
> keyboard accordingly.

I use this trick all the time. Instead of dedicating one, possibly
two, keys, however, you might want to consider putting the string

  key=BC,f,u,n,c,

on a key. That will give you access to all the seldom-used fuctions
you've already weeded out of your KBD file to make room for the
exotica (provided you remember the mnemonics, of course!).

My (Northgate) F11 and F12 put up the commands 'func' and 'pfunc'
respectively.

Stephen Moore
  essmo@xxxxxxxx   <*>   Never bite when a simple growl will do.