Re: Gresham's Law [was Re: Harmon Seaver: Why?]

>excuse to discuss a generally unpopular OS, with a parenthetical nod to xyW
>under that OS. When the central discussion turns momentarily to--gasp--
>xyWrite, as has been the case for the past day or so, the tension seems
>to be too much for subscribers who post on nothing but their OS and one
>of them quickly steers conversation back to that OS. Hyping software that

  Now who would that be, Annie? I haven't noticed that being the case.
There was a discussion started by Steve Shaw, who asked several time why
people weren't using XYWin. Several of us responded to that.

>profits the megacorp that came thisclose to murdering xyWrite to a list
>dedicated to discussion of xyWrite strikes me as a shameless insult. 	--a

  I don't recall myself posting much about OS/2 recently, except perhaps
passing mention. Since I don't even use it at present, I certainly don't
proselytize it, and haven't for some time. And you don't see me trying to
convert people to Linux either, since I assume that those who use windoz are
essentially incapable of navigating the linux morass.
  Seems to me that there are some people here, tho, who are not really as
interested in dicussing issues as they are in bad mouthing people. JS
obviously doesn't want me to discuss anything at all, XyWrite or otherwise.
I, on the other hand, like to discuss issues, like where XY fits in the
future puzzle, and clearly, so do others. You might be primarily interested
in XPL, but I'm busy learning Perl, and have little interest in XPL, unless
someone else writes it. So what's the difference? You do have a delete key,
right? And I'm sure you could figure out how to do a kill file if it's that
bad -- I hardly think that discussions of where TTG is taking us (or isn't)
will drive out discussions of XPL programming.

--
Harmon Seaver
hseaver@xxxxxxxx

"Some mon just deal wit' information. An' some mon, him deal wit' the
concept of truth. An' den some mon deal wit' magic. Information flow aroun'
ya, an' truth flow right at ya. But magic, it flow t'rough ya."
     -- Nernelly, A Jamaican "Bush Doctor," 1982

Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this post is
available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or local equivalent.