Re: Leaving XP for Windows 7 at last

On 04/11/2015 10:26 PM, Lynn Brenner wrote:
I seem to remember a couple of people on the list saying they ran Xywrite with TAME in Windows 7 without using XP Mode.
In 32-bit Windows 7, but not in the 64-bit version.
But if vDosXy really is easy to set up, I can't resist experimenting with it. It sounds almost too good to be true.
You copy the vDosXy files to a directory (e.g. \vDosXy), edit the AUTOEXEC.TXT and CONFIG.TXT, and you're done. If you set USE C: C:\ in AUTOEXEC.TXT, XyWrite will interact with the Windows file system as if it were a standard Windows program. -- Martin J. Osborne http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne